$169 Adult $90 ChildRequest Booking
Enjoy this comprehensive tour of the Australian Capital, home to many important landmarks and historic buildings. Take in all the highlights of this planned city, with its contemporary architecture set amongst beautifully maintained gardens and parks. Gain an insight into the workings of Australia and its capital.
Operates: Mon & Fri
Returns: 9.30pm approximately
Tour Code: S11
*Pricing valid from 1 April, 2018
- Before entering the city, travel to the summit of Mt. Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surrounds. A great photo opportunity!
- Visit the Australian War Memorial, where you’ll be greeted by a local guide to start your tour
- Learn about the history of the ANZACs as you travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two world wars
- Enjoy a tour of the National Museum of Australia – it focuses on Indigenous histories and cultures, European settlement and our interaction with the environment
- Take a guided tour of Australia’s Parliament House – you may even get to witness the Houses of Parliament in session
- You’ll visit some of its 4,700 rooms and learn more of its architecture, history, artwork and the Australian parliamentary democratic process
- Drive past the National Library and the High Court of Australia
- Drive past Canberra’s centrepiece, Lake Burley Griffin, named after the American architect who won a competition to design Australia’s Federal Capital, Walter Burley Griffin
- See the Carillon Bell Tower on the edge of the lake, a gift from the British Government to mark Canberra’s 50 years as the nation’s capital